Look down! Chances are you didn’t choose the current flooring in your home. Maybe you’re considering a new look, or something more durable because you have pets. Or maybe you want to follow sustainability flooring trends. Whatever you choose, there are flooring trends to satisfy any style.
- Nature is indoors! From plant patterns to organic shapes, bamboo to stone, adding a little bit of the outdoors to your flooring is very in. This trend will leave rooms feeling more comfortable and casual.
- Carpet tiles are making a comeback! Not only can you add singular splashes of color using this durable, practical floor covering, you can easily replace one if it gets damaged without replacing your entire floor.
- Dark hardwoods add solid visual grounding to any room, and can come in an array of popular patterns like parquet. Oak, maple and cherry are the longest-lasting wood choices. Try stylish new matte coated flooring or oiled wooden flooring for a simpler, more natural feel.
- Sustainability remains strong with the reclaimed wood flooring trend. Flooring salvaged from another house or building will not only add character and charm to a room, it’ll keep your budget down. Plus you might get lucky and score some higher-quality old wood that you just wouldn’t be able to get new now.
- Homeowners living in mid-century modern homes are choosing natural concrete flooring. Not only is it cheaper, it’s low on maintenance and durable.